A small group of friends studying social justice in Fort Collins were moved by affection for the young, intellectually disabled daughter of a couple of members.
- July 2014 – We formally received our non-profit 501(c)(3) status.
- May 2016 – We were recognized by L’Arche USA as an emerging community.
- July 2018 – Our policies and procedures were officially approved by the state of Colorado to become a Provider Approved Service Agency (PASA).
- Acquire real estate that can be used to form our first home and reach “L’Arche Project” status.
What We Need To Get There:
- To initiate L’Arche community life by developing strong relationships, and gathering regularly together.
- To grow and strengthen our Board of Directors.
- To raise the funds needed to acquire a home or property and prepare it for core members and volunteer assistants to begin sharing life together.