From Board President Tammy Breeding
This quarter has seen a lot of positive movement for Friends of L’Arche Fort Collins (FOLFC):
- We are getting tons of inquiries: We educate them about L’Arche, and we engage with them to see if their passion and skills can help us reach our goals and dreams.
- We have a new Brother Community: L’Arche Chicago! They are coming alongside us to support, mentor, and advise us on issues we work through as we progress towards having our first home.
- Building New Relationships: We are now supported and encouraged by Plymouth Congregational Church, who have accepted us into their Mission Outreach group.
- Connecting with L’Arche USA: FOLFC Community Members attended this year’s L’Arche Western Regional Gathering this June in Spokane, WA.
- Annual Goal-Setting: We engaged Laura Levi-Nelson to help us to define and refine our goals for this year, and our dreams for the future.
- Celebrating Our Founder: We celebrated the life of L’Arche founder, Jean Vanier, after his passing on May 7, 2019.
- We are having a Picnic! This is one of our highest goals, to “Be L’Arche With and Without Walls” L’Arche is about Community and Relationships.
- We have a new Board Member: Welcome Jocelyn Delgado!